Monday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 3:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am
Sunday: 11:00 am
All volunteer opportunities are held at:
South Bay Labor Council
2102 Almaden Rd #114
San Jose, CA 95125
Other Ways to Help
You are already doing the most important step in becoming politically active, educating yourself. Here are other ways you can help:
- Share what you have learned with family members and friends. Talk to co-workers at jobsites and Union meetings.
- Register to vote. Talk to family members and friends about registering.
- Put a bumper sticker on your car.
- Put a lawn sign in your yard. It doesn't sound like much but it can make a big difference. Show your support and let your neighbors and people passing by your house know who you think is the best candidate. You can get a lawn sign by calling your local Union or (408) 266-3790 or by e-mailing
- Volunteer to help at a phone bank. Direct contact with voters is an important part of every political campaign. A few hours of your time can make a big difference. Phone banking will take place almost every night until election day. Consult the calendar page to see which union is scheduled. If you cannot attend the night your Union is scheduled and still want to help call (408) 266-3790.
- Volunteer for a precinct walk. It usually takes about half a day and it is an event the whole family can enjoy. It's a great way to get the kids interested and involved.
- Attend political events, show your support at campaign stops, rallies, and other events.
- Go to the campaign headquarters of a candidate you support and ask what you can do.
- Volunteer to help on election day, Get Out To Vote phoning or driving people to their polling place.
- Request an absentee ballot if there is any chance you will be working late or out of town on election day.
- Most importantly VOTE on election day.